WP Child Theme Generator is a very easy and user friendly plugin to create a child theme for any theme supported by WordPress CMS. With multiple option of creating child theme you can easily create and customize your child theme. The plugin provides two options for creating a child theme.
One is easy child theme creating option which creates child theme with just one click and another is custom child theme creating option which helps you to modify the child theme information (like author, author uri, child theme name etc.).
With these multiple options you can easily create a child theme and customize your theme.
- Extract the
wp-child-theme-generatordirectory to your computer
- Upload the
wp-child-theme-generatordirectory to the
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard
- Navigate to the
Add Newin the plugins dashboard
- Search for
WP Child Theme Generator
- Activate the plugin on the Plugin dashboard
The WP Child Theme Generator plugin is a simple and light plugin made for removing all the hassles whilst creating a child theme. The theme basically provides two major features easy child theme and custom child theme.
Both of the features are easily accessible, usable and understandable. Unlike other plugins the plugin can be used even by a moderate skilled user who wants to make a child theme.
Quick Child Theme feature provided by the plugin is a simpler way of creating a child theme with the plugin.
With just few clicks you can create your own child theme, moreover it even activates the child theme for you automatically so that you can create your child theme easily.
To create a child theme using the
Quick Child Theme feature is very simple.
- First of all activate the plugin from Dashboard -> Plugin -> WP Child Theme Generator.
- Now you will be able to see a new menu item on the admin header bar labeled ” Make a child theme”. Hover on the menu which will show you two different option (i.e. Easy Child Theme & Custom Child Theme).
- Finally hover on “Easy Child Theme” option which will show the list of themes you have installed.
- Click on a theme ( you want to make a child theme of).
- This will make the child theme of the selected parent theme and activate it.
Custom Child Theme feature provides you options to change all the child theme header information.
Unlike the quick child theme feature this feature also allows you to select custom screenshot and disable/enable the save and activate option which activates the child theme after it is created.
To create a custom child theme for your selected parent theme, just follow the below given steps.
- First, go to Dashboard -> Appearance -> Child Theme Gen option.
- There you will see a dropdown option to select a theme.
- Select a theme from the dropdown option. That will display the form to make a custom child theme.
- All the fields above the “Optional Options” are required. Enter your desired but appropriate values on the input field.
- Click on create a child theme.