Table of Contents
- 4.Creating Notice Bar
- 5.Attractive Features
Notice bar is a simple but powerful plugin to create and display custom Notice bar in WordPress websites. It helps website admins to effectively convey notices, information & messages to their visitors swiftly. With user friendly interface, Option to choose different notice types, Notice Bar is undoubtedly one of the best notice plugin for WordPress websites.
Notice Bar highly customizable and meets wide range of user requirements. With simple tweaks and configurations, it can be easily used by a wide variety of websites.
Installation of Notice Bar is easy and simple. After Installation, Notice Bar adds a new menu with bullhorn icon ( ) in the WordPress Dashboard which leads to a simple settings page where you can create your notice bar. Details on using the plugin interface, features and configurations are all discussed below in the documentation.
To get started you can easily install the plugin through one of the following methods explained below.
- Download the plugin (.zip file)
- In your Admin, go to menu Plugins > Add
- Select the tab “Upload”
- Upload the .zip file you just downloaded
- Activate the plugin
- A new menu will appear in your Admin
- Once you download the plugin, you will get zip folder.
- Unzip the folder and Upload `notice-bar` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- A new menu will appear in your Admin panel
After Installing and activating the Notice Bar plugin, users can access the notice bar plugin configuration settings page to create and configure notice bar for their website.
The settings page contains three tabbed option fields with settings / configurations for Notice Bar. The sections in the Notice Bar plugin setting page is described below in brief.
Basic Configurations Tab is the first tab in the notice bar settings page. The tab consists of basic settings that lets you enable / disable notice bar display to the front-end, Enable / disable for debug mode and the layout.
Notice Configurations tab contains all the options and settings regarding notice types available in the notice bar plugin. Users can choose the type of notice bar to display in this tab. Notice bar plugin consists of four different types of notice that users can choose as per their requirements.
Each notice type selection opens up a new set of settings specific to that notice type. This tab basically provides a easy setting interface for all notice types and related settings that users can use conveniently.
All the settings regarding each notice type is further explained below in the documentation.
Display Configurations tab consists of all settings related to notice bar display to the front-end.
Settings in this section includes option for notice bar display position, close / toggle action, color for notice bar background and font text, Display alignments and responsive display option.
In breif, the tab handles all display related settings that can be configured in the notice bar plugin.
Notice Bar Plugin lets its users use and configure a wide range of options to create a Notice Bar of their choice. Users can tweak all the available settings as per their requirements to create their amazing notice with Notice Bar.
This section follows a step-by-step walk through of all the configurations tabs and settings available in them with Notice Bar Plugin and usage instructions.
Basic configuration tab lets users configure the basic settings for the notice bar. All the settings available in the basic configurations tab is explained below:
- Enable Notice : Enable Notice checkbox option lets users to enable / disable the notice bar display to the website front-end.
- Enable Debug Mode : Checkbox option to enable / disable debug mode. Enabling debug mode uses the uncompressed CSS and js files making it easier to debug styles and scripts conflicts (if any) to the front-end.
- Notice Bar Layout : Select option field to select layout for notice bar. The Notice bar plugin contains only one layout option under this setting, however we can choose more layouts for notice bar in the pro version of the Notice Bar Plugin.
Users Should save their settings with “Save Changes” button at the end of each setting configuration tab. The “Restore Default Settings” button beside the “Save Changes” button works to reset all the changes back to default so that users can start over settings.
Notice Configurations Tab contains all the settings for selecting the type of notice that users want to display in the front-end. Users can choose the type of notice in this tab and can also access settings for each notice type individually as explained below.
- Notice Type : The radio select option type to choose desired “Notice Type” to display in the notice bar to the website front-end. Available options are : Plain Text , Slider, News Ticker and Social Icons. Choosing a notice type will load the further settings for that specific Notice Type.
- Notice Text : Text area field to enter the custom plain text users want to display in the plain text notice type in the notice bar. Users can also use HTML tags (a, button, em, br and strong) within the plain text input for different uses.
Notice Type : Slider
- Notice Type : Option to choose desired notice type, all the settings below appears when notice type is chosen as “Slider”. Slider notice type lets you create and display custom text slider in the notice bar.
- Slides : Text input field to enter text strings to display in each slide in the slider notice bar. Users are required to enter individual slide text in individual input field.
- Add New Slide Button : Button to add new slide in the slider notice. Users can add desired no. of slides in the slider with this button. With each press, the button loads a new text field that can be used to add text for individual slide.
- Auto Slide : Auto slide checkbox. When checked the slider in the notice bar slides automatically when the website is loaded in the front-end.
- Show Controls : Checkbox option to enable / disable slide control arrows in the slider. Checking this option enables arrows display in the slider that lets visitors to control slider.
- Slide Duration : Users can set their desired slide display duration between two slides transition. Desired time should be entered in milliseconds. The default duration set in this field is 1000 milliseconds.
Notice Type : News Ticker
- Notice Type : Option to choose desired notice type, all the settings below appears when notice type is chosen as “News Ticker”. News Ticker notice type lets you create and display custom news ticker in the notice bar.
- Ticker Label : Lets users enter desired label for the news ticker bar.
- Ticker Items : Text input field for news ticker items. Individual text input is used for individual ticker items.
- Add New Item Button : Button used to add no. of tickers to display in the ticker notice type. Clicking the button will add a new ticker item input field.
- Ticker Direction : Select option field to choose the direction of ticker display.Options available under this setting are:
- Left to right: Displays ticker items to show starting from left side of the notice bar.
- Right to left : Displays ticker items to show starting from right side of the notice bar.
- Ticker Speed : The input field to set the speed of ticker items to display completely.Default value set in this option is 0.10.
- Ticker Pause Duration : The time duration for ticker items to pause and display before nest ticker loads up. Takes time input in milliseconds, default value : 2000
Notice Type : Social icons
- Notice Type : Option to choose desired notice type, all the settings below appears when notice type is chosen as “Social Icons”. Social Icons notice type lets you create and display custom social media links display in the notice bar.
- Social Links Label : Input field for the label of the social links list displayed in the notice bar.
- Social Icons : List of all available icons to display in the Social icons notice type. Notice bar consists of 5 popular social media sites to display in the notice bar.
- URL : URL input field against each social media icons available in the notice bar plugin. Users can enter the URL of their social sites in individual input field against each icon.
- Enable : Social media icon display enable / disable checkbox against each social icon. To display the icon/link to the front-end users should check the checkbox option.
- Draggable Handle : Handle to drag and sort each individual social icon’s position. The order set with dragging and sorting would be the order social icons shows up to the front-end notice bar.
The display configurations tab contains settings and options to control display styles, color options and notice bar display and visibility related settings.
- Notice Bar Position : Setting that lets you choose the position to display notice bar to the front-end. Available options under this setting are :
- Top Fixed : Displays the notice bar to the top position being fixed position upon page scroll.
- Top Absolute : Displays the notice bar to the top position. Bar is not fixed upon page scroll.
- Bottom : Displays the notice bar to the bottom of the page.
- Close Action : Setting to choose type of close action on the notice bar. Available options under this setting are :
- Disable : Disables the close action button in the notice bar. When this option is selected, close button is not displayed in the notice bar.
- Close Button : Displays a close button in the notice bar. Visitors can close off the notice bar with the close button.
- Toggle Button : Displays a toggle button to the notice bar. Visitors can toggle notice bar visibility on and off with the help of the button.
- Background Color : Color selection option for the notice bar background.
- Font Color : Color selection option for the notice bar text font font.
- Social Icon Background : Color selector for background color of social icons. Visible only while “Social Icons” notice type is selected.
- Social Icon Hover Background : Color selector for background color of social icons on hover. Visible only while “Social Icons” notice type is selected.
- Social Icon Color : Color selector for color of social icons. Visible only while “Social Icons” notice type is selected.
- Anchor Link Color : Color selector for color of anchor(link). Hidden while “Social Icons” notice type is selected.
- Anchor Link Hover Color : Color selector for color of anchor(link) on hover. Hidden while “Social Icons” notice type is selected.
- Ticker Label Background : Color selector for color of anchor(link) on hover. Displays only while “News Ticker” notice type is selected.
- Margin from Bottom or Top : Input field that lets users set margin (in px.) from top or bottom of the notice bar. The option is useful when notice bar tends to overlap other items in website front-end.
- Disable For Mobile : Checkbox to enable / disable the notice bar display in mobile devices.
Notice Bar is a feature packed plugin. It is an exciting new way to create, publish and manage custom notice, information and messages for WordPress websites. The plugin is a perfect example of how powerful features can be bundled with simple and easy settings interface. With the variety of configuration it provides for the users, it can be used by a wide range of websites.
Having said that, please find the list below of some amazing features explained in brief, that Notice Bar can boast of:
Notice Bar Plugin supports four different notice types under its hood. It is not just a simple plugin to display notices but a complete package tool that can be customized with a range of options available to the users.
From simple Notice display bar to News Ticker to Custom Text Slider to Social links display tool the list of possibilities seems endless while using Notice Bar Plugin.
Scrolled down here too soon? Get to know the amazing notice types in detail. Click Here !!
Notice Bar is highly customizable as per user’s needs. Presence of different notice types in a single notice bar plugin is the features that makes this plugin customizable and can be used in a larger scope of user needs.
Responsive display options, a bunch of settings regarding notice bar color / position and functionalities adds features to the plugin and can be labeled as a “Highly Customizable” tool for your website.
The plugin is compatible with all the themes built based on Underscores format. As most of the themes today are built based on Underscores, you will have no problem making the plugin compatible with the theme, for everything else you will always have a very reliable support team to help you out.
WEN Solutions has always been know to provide valuable support and product documentation, We have a team of WordPress Developers always on standby to help our clients from anything and everything related to our products. We never rest until our clients are fully satisfied and their issues are solved. Not to mention that the support is free of cost and unlimited.
We have also provided this helpful documentation that covers almost everything related on how to create and manage notices with the Notice Bar plugin.